Harper PR is Seeking an Experienced PR Contractor
Harper PR is growing, and we are looking for a talented and tenacious communications professional to support projects in a part-time capacity for a three-month contract with the opportunity to extend the contract.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a public relations role, or be working as a freelance or PR consultant. Experience with social media, media relations, community engagement and event planning is a must.
We are looking for the absolute perfect candidate to work with our roster of clients. The job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Preference will be given to someone residing in the Greater Edmonton Area.
The qualified candidate will be expected to support a variety of activities for diverse brands that span nearly every sector and industry. Scope of work will include, but may not be limited to:
Public, Media and Influencer Relations
- Manage relationships with local media and influencers
- Create project briefs for internal teams and creative contractors
- Manage media lists, editorial calendars, speaking calendars and awards calendars
- Research and seek out proactive brand placement opportunities
- Write and disseminate press releases and other media material as needed
- Support planning and execution of community, non-profit and corporate events
Social and Digital Media and Marketing
- Build and update monthly content calendars
- Support blog post creation and sharing when relevant (to supplement and support SEO blog posts
- Curate content for social media platforms
- Engage with community of followers
- Monitor and measure social media monthly, and provide reports
We are looking for someone with a communications educations with experience in PR, social media and event management.
…Someone who is interested in learning, and believes no job is too small for him/her to do.
…Someone who believes it’s important to ask the question “why” and who cares about making a brand’s marketing/PR make sense with a strategic foundation.
If you are…
…Someone who believes that taking photos and memes from Google and simply posting them on social media is okay, please don’t worry about applying.
Please email resume, website or portfolio to email@example.com for consideration.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Deadline is open until a suitable candidate is found.