Media Advisory: Operation Friendship Seniors Society and London Drugs Make Holidays Happier for Edmonton Seniors
December 11, 2015
Operation Friendship Seniors Society and London Drugs Make Holidays Happier for Edmonton Seniors
The Santas for Seniors campaign started on November 23 at London Drugs in Oliver Square, with the goal of fulfilling the wish lists for 40 seniors. However, when a Facebook post about Santas for Seniors was shared more than 1,500 times, people in the Capital Region came out in droves to support. To date, all seniors at each of the Operation Friendship Seniors Society residencies will receive a personalized gift, and hundreds of extra packages have been donated to seniors at the drop-in centre.
The more than 350 gifts personalized gifts will be delivered by Santa, OFSS, 3 Leaf Wellness and the London Drugs elves to the residents of Sparling Lodge on December 15.
Media are invited to attend the delivery to capture photos, videos and interviews about why it’s important to remember our seniors at the holidays, and get a list of the top gifts requested by seniors this season.
DATE: Tuesday, December 15, 2015
TIME: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Please note there is no formal program or podium remarks for this launch. We invite media to join us during this time at your convenience to obtain any interviews, video or photos.
WHERE: Sparling Lodge (street parking is available)
9540 – 110a Ave NW
- Video or photos of seniors receiving their wish list items from Santa and his elves
- Interviews with special guest, Bruce Hogle, Honourary Chair for Operation Friendship Seniors Society
- Interviews with Jimmy Morrison, Operation Friendship Seniors Society
- Discussing why it’s important to remember seniors and how simple items can mean a lot to them at the holiday season, as well as remind people that OFSS still needs assistance from the public this season
- Interviews with Santa and his elves
- Top requested gifts for seniors for the holidays
- Interviews with residents of Sparling Lodge
For media inquiries please contact:
Natalie Harper, Media Relations for London Drugs