Harper PR Seeks Part-time Communications Consultant for Six-month Contract
Harper PR is growing, and looking to bring on a Part-time Communications Consultant for a six-month contract. The successful candidate will support a variety of projects, but the majority of the focus will be on music and entertainment PR. Experience in music and entertainment PR is an asset, but not mandatory. The right candidate without music experience must be willing to learn at an entry-level, and be passionate about learning music PR.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are looking for a results driven, creative thinker, who can keep up in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment. Must be able to problem solve and work independently. Must be reliable, punctual and able to multi-task. This position is perfect for a recent public relations, journalism or communications graduate, however tenacious students who can demonstrate relevant experience will be considered.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone who is talented and very tenacious, someone who is super fun, but who is also professional – FUNprofessional, as we like to call it. Someone who considers themselves an ‘idea machine’ and likes to think beyond the status quo will fit in perfectly with the Harper PR team. You thrive on ‘selling’ and are not afraid to pick up the phone and sell the clients you represent to media and industry professionals. You are passionate about volunteering and supporting our community when and how you can.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Writing news releases, media advisories, blog posts, web copy, biographies, media kits, sponsorship packages, case studies, booking pitches, video treatments, social scripts, creative briefs, etc.
- Overseeing assigned projects, and serving as a liaison between the media and client.
- Event planning and logistics support.
- Support with radio promotions, tracking and reporting.
- Participating in team brainstorms and providing ideas and recommendations.
- Working directly with media contacts in broadcast, print or online to help fulfill requests for client information and images.
- Proactively seeking out performance opportunities and facilitating bookings.
- Helping to inform the media of new client developments via pitch or press release.
- Managing various social media communities from Facebook to Twitter to YouTube to Reverbnation, and more.
You will also be expected to create and maintain accurate media lists and track press coverage for weekly and monthly reporting. You will be on point for first drafts of press releases, pitches and corporate supporting documents. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have an eye for detail and accuracy, feel comfortable multi-tasking, and be undaunted by shifting priorities.
HOURS, COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
This is a six-month contract with opportunity for renewal. Hours are flexible and will be set on a weekly basis. Compensation will be based on experience, and paid at an hourly rate with monthly bonuses given for successful performance bookings. The successful candidate must be able to work remotely, as well as attend meetings as required in Edmonton and Calgary.
Founded in 2011, Harper PR is an Edmonton-based independent public relations and marketing communications consultancy specializing in business communications, event planning, social media planning & engagement and entertainment promotion. Through an ensemble of communications consultants, we offer digital, graphic design and creative services to clients in government, retail, entertainment, corporate, financial and charitable industries.
We ask for the usual application (cover letter, resume & two writing samples) to be sent via email to: email@example.com. However, we would also like you to include an answer to the following question in your cover letter or email intro:
If you could do PR for any solo musician or band, who would you choose and why?
THE FINE PRINT
Harper PR believes in finding a person who is the right fit for the company and projects. Therefore, the position will remain open until the right candidate is found. We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates who have qualified for an interview will be contacted.